2023 evokeAG. Startup Program applications now open
Applications for the AgriFutures evokeAG. 2023 Startup Program are now open to startups and scaleups who are interested in showcasing their products, solutions and technologies at Asia Pacific's premier agrifood tech event – evokeAG. Down to Earth to be held in Adelaide on 21-22 February 2023.
- Applications for the evokeAG. 2023 Startup Program are now open and close on Sunday, 30 October 2022 at 11.59pm AEDT.
- There are multiple streams in the program, which will attract local agrifood tech innovators to global agrifood scaleups.
- The evokeAG. Startup Program is part of evokeAG. 2023 Down to Earth – Asia Pacific’s premier agrifood tech event that will take place in Adelaide on 21-22 February 2023 – attracting local and global investment.
- Since 2019, the evokeAG. Startup Program has supported dozens of Australian and global agrifood tech startups to raise awareness, attract investment, and connect with customers.
The Startup Program is designed to identify local and global agrifood startups and scaleups innovations solving agricultural challenges, and to connect them with the entire ecosystem – farmers, innovators, researchers, corporates, government and investors.
“We are on the search for agrifood tech startups and scaleups who are looking for a platform to connect with capital and new customers. We’re excited that the evokeAG. 2023 Startup Program gives Founders the opportunity to do this in person in Adelaide,” said AgriFutures Australia General Manager for Communications and Capacity Building, Belinda Allitt.
“Connecting innovation to farmers, industry, new customers, and investment is an important priority for the broader evokeAG. and the evokeAG. Startup Program,” Belinda added.
evokeAG. 2023 Startup Program has three opportunities for Founders at various stages in their journey:
- Startup Alley*: A mainstay at the evokeAG. 2023 event, where 40 local and international startups and scaleups will showcase their agrifood tech innovations and connect with delegates via an exhibition style booth in The Hive. The successful companies will exhibit alongside participants from the Startup Showcase, and the Investor Pitch Dinner.
- Startup Showcase: Seven local and global startups will have the opportunity to showcase their innovative solutions to an international audience on stage at evokeAG. 2023. Each startup will present a three-minute presentation with the premise of building their customer base and expanding their networks.
- Investor Pitch Dinner**: The Investor Pitch Dinner will see five Australian and/or New Zealand investment-ready startups pitch for investment to a room full of Australian and international investors. evokeAG. is seeking applications from startups and scaleups preparing to be, or in the midst of, a seed or above funding round.
The opportunity is open to all startups and scaleups, regardless of whether or not they have participated in a previous evokeAG. event.
“At evokeAG. 2019 and 2020 some of the companies who participated in the Startup Program went on to pitch at the evokeAG. 2022 Investor Dinner we held in June this year with the intent of attracting funding to scale globally – the growth we have seen in participants of the evokeAG. Startup Program over the last few years is fantastic. evokeAG. has something for everyone so we want to hear from, and support, startups at various stages on that journey,” Belinda said.
CEO of Escavox, Luke Wood, is one of those examples. Escavox was first involved in evokeAG. via the Startup Showcase at the 2020 event and was one of five investment-ready Founders who pitched at the evokeAG. 2022 Investor Dinner – an opportunity he describes as priceless.
“These connections have enabled Escavox to develop and refine its offering to the market during the early stages of its evolution, and this professional ecosystem of stakeholders, investors and clients has supported Escavox to deliver on its international growth plans,” he said.
“There is so much talent in the Australian agrifood tech community. Connecting this talent to customers and to people that can invest, mentor and ultimately drive better farming outcomes and market access, sustainably, is what the evokeAG. Startup Program is all about,” Belinda added.
Applications open Monday, 26 September 2022 and close on Sunday, 30 October 2022 at 11.59pm AEDT. For more information about the evokeAG. 2023 Startup Program, eligibility criteria, entitlements and to apply visit: evokeag.com/startups/
evokeAG. 2023 will take place in Adelaide, South Australia on 21-22 February 2023 at the Adelaide Convention Centre. Bringing together the best and brightest together to talk about how innovation and technology collide, intersect, connect, translate, complement, and challenge our most important assets – our people, our farms, our soil, our water and our Earth. Tickets for evokeAG. 2023 Down to Earth are now on sale at evokeag.com/events
* Successful applicants for the Investor Pitch Dinner and Startup Showcase will also receive a position in Startup Alley.
** Only available for Australian and New Zealand startups and scaleups.
Lauren Sharkey, Communications Manager – evokeAG.[email protected]
Georgie Robertson, Regional PR Co | [email protected]