Producer Technology Uptake Program
Register your interest
Who is the program targeting?
The program targets producers that are interested and willing to innovate and adopt technology, but may lack the knowledge, skills or experience to achieve it.
We know that there are a range of barriers to on-farm technology adoption, including:
- producers overwhelmed with options
- lack of local support or advisory services
- lack of individual skills or knowledge around technology and its application
- the value proposition or return on investment is not clear, and
- integration of technology across multiple systems, eg. software applications.
The program targets producers who may not have kicked off plans to adopt technology in their business but want to overcome some of these barriers to begin.
The program is not designed for “early” technology adopters, ie. those that have developed skills and are already well established technology users, but it is an asset to have their input as part of the program.
What is a producer group?
We recognise that the definition of ‘producer group’ can be wide and varied, so we have provided some guidance below. If you’re still unsure if your group meets the criteria, reach out to us at [email protected]
- Existing groups that currently deliver capacity building and on-farm extension activities, e.g. Farming systems groups, grower groups etc
- Agribusinesses who have formed groups around their client base and can deliver technology adoption activities, e.g. agronomists, benchmarking groups
- Landcare groups that deliver on-ground producer training and extension opportunities with an interest in producer technology adoption.
- An industry group/association/organisation with a pre-existing extension arm that undertakes research and extension activities with producers.
Groups will be required to demonstrate their experience and capacity to deliver their proposed program. If you have any questions about your group’s eligibility for this program, please contact [email protected]
Is my group eligible?
If you answer ‘yes’ to the following criteria, then you are eligible to apply.
- Is your group based in Australia?
- Does your group represent producer members (farmers, fishers or foresters)?
- Are you currently registered with an ABN?
- Does your group have at least 10 producers committed to participating in the program?
- Does your group have experience in managing grants, including financial and reporting systems?
- Would participation in the program genuinely benefit producers in your group?
If you have any questions about your groups’ eligibility, please reach out to us at [email protected]
To ensure funding reaches as many groups as possible to support on-ground technology adoption, producer groups that have previously received funding under AgriFutures Australia’s Producer Technology Uptake Program will not be eligible to apply for Round 2.