Know your bugs, know your drug. Mastatest technology is an innovative product which delivers three key answers in one test (whether a bacterial infection is present, the type of bacteria and the antibiotic sensitivity); the unique simplicity and ease of use of the product; and the additional offering of digital health services. Mastatest offers multiple income streams to the company from the sale of a point-of-care hardware device, recurring revenue from the consumables (Mastatest) and digital health records.
- Use on-farm: Samples collected and tested by farmers or vets
- Simple to use: Set and forget test, no interpretation required
- Fast: Results automatically arrive within 24 hours (mobile alert)
- Comprehensive: Informed decisions – bacteria type and antibiotic sensitivity
- Proven: Clinically validated in New Zealand and Europe
- E-Records: Results & Treatment automatically reported to farmer and vet
Due to current practice, mastitis is the biggest driver for antibiotic use in dairy farming globally. Mastitis in dairy cows is one of the major antibiotic use areas. The pressure to reduce the use of antibiotics in food-producing animals is growing rapidly inducing changes in the regulatory environment. Mastatest is auditable and traceable which is beneficial for range of stakeholders.