Adoption driven agrifood solutions
The evokeAG. Startup Network aims to build the customer networks and capability of Australian agrifood tech startups and to support adoption of new technology on-farm.
The program is a collaboration between evokeAG. and AgriStart, and will build on the knowledge base provided during the evokeAG. Grassroots Series. Featuring interactive online webinars and networking events, and focusing on agrifood tech adoption and connecting key players across the agrifood supply chain.
Up to 10 successful participants will receive mentorship from industry experts, and attend a face-to-face workshop, showcase pitch event and networking dinner in the heart of the Riverina, Wagga Wagga, NSW, the home of AgriFutures Australia.
Applications are now open and close 5.00pm (AEST) Monday, 17 May.
Increase the networks of founders in the Australian agricultural ecosystem
Build the capability of Australian agrifood founders entering into grower markets
Support and facilitate adoption of new technology on farm
Founders participating in the Startup Network program will receive:
- Flights and accommodation bursary of up to $1,000
- Feature in the evokeAG. Startup Directory
- Feature in the evokeAG. Network, including article and podcast
- Top three grower’s choice will receive a professionally produced pitch video filmed on-farm showcasing their product and how they can offer return on investment for their customers.
Who are we looking for?
- Motivated entrepreneurs with an open mindset who are keen to connect to new networks across Australia and globally, to scale their business
- Businesses with a strong value proposition and potential market demand from any diverse agricultural sector such as grain, meat, dairy, horticulture, viticulture, forestry, biosecurity
- Businesses looking to trial their products on farm and gain feedback from growers and industry professionals.
Successful applicants must demonstrate all of the following to be eligible:
- Have a business registered in Australia
- Have an agrifood innovation that is providing a solution to on-farm challenges
- Have a product ready for a farmer to trial on-farm
- Demonstrate traction relevant to business age.
Applicant’s must read the Startup Network Terms & Conditions prior to applying.
- 28 April: Applications open – click here to apply
- 7 May: Growing an agrifood startup in Australia webinar for founders discussing agrifood tech opportunities in Australia, and program details.
– John Harvey, AgriFutures Australia
– Dr Natasha Ayers, AgriStart (facilitator)
– Michael Macolino, BDO Australia,
– Fernando Felquer, GrainInnovate
– Matthew Pryor, Tenacious Ventures
Click here to register
- 14 May: New innovations for future farmers webinar for growers including adoption strategies for enhancing sustainable returns, and why to partner with startups.
– Brad Jones, Bungulla Farms
– Annie Brox, Origo
– Stuart Austin, Wilmot Cattle Co
- 17 May: Applications close
- 27 May: Successful applicants advised
- 10 June: Public announcement of Startup Network founders and tickets go on sale for Startup Network Pitch & Networking Dinner
- 16 June – 7 July: Online participant speaker and mentor sessions
- 19 – 20 July: Startup Network and adoption workshops, showcase and networking dinner.
Register your interest
If you are a farmer, industry professional or investor who would like to attend the Startup Network Producer Workshop, Pitch Showcase and Networking Dinner, please register your interest.